Scientific Equipment Service Division
Founded in 2009, Element Service Group Mechanical’s Scientific Division was established to provide top quality refrigeration service, installation, and technical assistance for customers in pharmaceutical, biotechnology and industrial type industries, covering a wide range of equipment and equipment manufacturers. Our division technicians have a minimum of 10 years experience, are hand selected, and specifically trained to understand the importance of product value, SOP, and cGMP requirements. This, along with 20 years of prior experience with environmental chamber engineering, has enabled us to provide accurate diagnosis and repair for all systems to date.
Our focus is to be able to perform a wide range of service for many types of equipment, enabling customers to utilize our capabilities quickly and efficiently. From 24/7 emergency service and repair to instrumentation calibration using NIST traceable equipment, we are a convenient single source service provider.
- Stability Chamber Installation
- Emergency Service & Repair
- Preventive Maintenance
- Calibration, Temperature & Humidity
- Mechanical Equipment Retro-fits
- Refrigerant Conversions
- Service Parts
- Contracted 3rd Party Validation
- UL508A Control Panel Retro-Fits, (FDC OEM Approved)
Whether it’s a storage cooler or a robotic -80°C sample freezer, our technicians have the experience and training to install, service, and retro-fit many different types of equipment. Our support staff and OE Manufacturer associations give us the ability to get the job done right the first time.
- Stability Chambers, Temperature & Humidity
- Plant Growth Chambers
- Industrial Test & Thermal Shock Chambers
- Salt Spray Chambers
- Altitude Chambers
- Photostability Chambers
- Ultra Low Temperature Cascade Systems, Large & Small
- Package Chiller Systems
We have the technical information and support to properly service many different brands of equipment. Our partnership with companies such as Cincinnati Sub Zero and Norlake Scientific give us direct factory support, allowing us to quickly and accurately diagnose and repair your equipment.
- Cincinnati Sub Zero (*ISO approved)
- Norlake Scientific (*ISO approved)
- Bahnson-Environmental Specialties
- EGC (Environmental Growth Chambers)
- Harris Environmental Systems
- Hamilton Storage Technologies
- ThermoScientific (Factory trained)
- Blue M
- Darwin Chambers Company
*Independent Service Organization
Our customer base is as diverse as the types of equipment we service. With customers ranging from pharmaceuticals to defense contractors, we accommodate the many unique requirements each industry demands. We have hard badge access to many of our customer sites, requiring security background verification, drug screening, and site specific training for all our technicians.
- Crop Science
- Research & Development
Licenses & Training
Good installation and service begins with the proper training. All of our technicians have a formal technical education and maintain up to date continuing education and safety training. Additionally, we carry North Carolina licenses for Refrigeration and Electrical contracting.
- NC Refrigeration Contracting #4610
- NC Electrical Contracting, Unlimited, #27490-U
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigerant Certification
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety, Confined Space Entry, Aerial Lift Certification
- NFPA 70E Electrical Safety
- cGMP, WPS
- Hazardous Materials Safety
- CPR, AED, & First Aid
Our customer base is concentrated within a 50 mile radius of the Research Triangle Park area, allowing us to respond quickly and consistently to general service requests with 24/7 emergency service support available. Our main office is located off of I-40 & 54, so we are only 30 minutes or less from most of our customer sites during normal working hours. Extended coverage areas include the remainder of North Carolina, southern Virginia and South Carolina.
We offer 24/7 Emergency Service in the main coverage area. Emergency Service is also available in the extended coverage area by location and occurrence. Our historical average response time has been less than 2 hours, (main coverage area), including weather advisory conditions and after hour’s calls.